Parents are not fully understanding the plight of the young adult through teenager in Vermilion. Vermilion is a cute little river tourist town, which granted is nice and all but where are the activities for the residents let’s do a run down shall we.
1. Organized sports through middle school. ( This does not help out the non athletes)
2. Romp’s Putt-Putt. First off most people only go once a year and still find it boring let alone it is closed in the winter.
3. The Library. Sorry not everyone is a book-worm.
4. Parks. Whoopee…not.
5. The bowling alley. Well not everyone in town enjoys bowling.
6. Drug and Alcohol abuse. One of the favorite past times of the Vermilion youth what does that say about community.
7. Vermilion’s Haunted School House. This is a great place for the youth of Vermilion, but it does not encompass all the needs of the youth. Many youth do not feel interested in the project.
Vermilion does need some activities to keep the youth of today happy, The School House does it’s part but more is needed. We need at least a second run movie theater, a coffee chop catering to the youth, a recreation center. People should think twice before putting up another pizza place and think about the future of our youth.