Web Wandering Dump

December 9, 2007

by — Posted in Uncategorized

Web Wandering Dump

Link to Daily Web Wandering Dump

Could I have been WRONG about Ron Paul? [Digg]

Posted: 08 Dec 2007 11:22 AM CST

For months, I’ve been dismissive of the whole Ron Paul thing. “He’s just a spoiler”, I said, “He’ll just put Hillary in the White House” I lamented. But I stumbled across something during a little insomniac web surfing at least started to turn me around. I discovered that I really LIKE Ron Paul! And he may be a viable candidate……..

Teen Calls Bush’s Secret Phone; Creates Security Scare [Digg]

Posted: 07 Dec 2007 01:39 PM CST

An Icelandic teen somehow figured out President Bush’s private phone number, and called it recently, leaving a message saying he was the president of Iceland and wanted him to call him back. Teen won’t say how he did it.

8 Blatant Loading Screen Cover-ups in Games [Digg]

Posted: 07 Dec 2007 01:09 PM CST

Back in the early days of disc-based gaming, companies weren’t afraid of sticking a “Now Loading” screen in your face every two minutes. Now, companies employ stupid tricks to avoid them. Here’s the worst ones

Romney Spokesman Won’t Say If Atheists Have Place In America [Digg]

Posted: 07 Dec 2007 11:36 AM CST

A spokesman for the Mitt Romney campaign is thus far refusing to say whether Romney sees any positive role in America for atheists and other non-believers, after TPM inquired about the topic yesterday.

ABC News: Supporters Pump Ron Paul Full of Hot Air [Digg]

Posted: 07 Dec 2007 10:32 AM CST

Great article on the grassroots Ron Paul movement. Somewhere in an enormous hangar in North Carolina, enormous decals are being stuck to an enormous blimp.

Superme Court asked to Restore the Right to Habeas Corpus [Digg]

Posted: 07 Dec 2007 10:04 AM CST

Wed., Guantanamo prisoners’ attorneys asked the Supreme Court to restore Constitution and grant prisoners habeas corpus: right to challenge imprisonment before a judge. “All have been confined at Guantanamo for almost 6 years, yet not one has had meaningful notice of the factual grounds of their detention,” former Solicitor General Seth Waxman

Flux Capacitor [Digg]

Posted: 07 Dec 2007 05:04 AM CST

Seems like every year since 1985 a modified Delorean with Flux Capacitor shows up for sale. This time, it’s just the 1.21 jigawatt-powered heart of the Back to the Future time machine. The perfect accessory for your 2008 Delorean. Get your $220 pre-order in now (or $275 after January 1st) for an April 30th, 2008 fluxing — the apparent past.