Web Wandering Dump

January 5, 2008

by — Posted in Lifestream Archive

Web Wandering Dump

“Dali Atomicus” by Philippe Halsman – 1948 (via…

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 01:56 PM CST

Geekularity » WordPress Plugin – Excluded Categories

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 12:14 PM CST

Geekularity » WordPress Plugin – Excluded Categories

via www.geekstir.com

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 11:33 AM CST

8 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Were Geeks [Digg]

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 06:57 AM CST

As any nerd can tell you, being smarter than everyone else has a price. Poor social skills, being grossly over or under weight, being terrible at sports. Skin problems, probably bad eyesight … you get the idea.Yet, there is a whole class of nerds who break that universal rule, who somehow wind up smarter than us, people like …

Ubuntu Linux:Apps Rock and Wireless Sucks! [Digg]

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 06:56 AM CST

It didn’t take long after installing Canonical Ltd.’s Ubuntu 7.10 version of Linux for me to decide I liked what I saw. A quick tour of the Applications, Places, and System menus indicated that converting from Windows to Linux would be relatively seemless. The only fly in the ointment was my inability to get any of three wireless adapters to work w

Find Your Farmers : 4 Best Web Tools to Help You Eat Local [Digg]

Posted: 03 Jan 2008 07:32 PM CST

Here’s a quick hit list of the four best web tools for the rest of us scrambling to catch up—sourcing seasonal and local food from the luxury of your computer keyboard to your kitchen table.

Leah Culver Talks Pownce [Digg]

Posted: 03 Jan 2008 06:36 PM CST

In this interview Leah Culver, lead programmer for Pownce gives us some clues to what’s in store for the Jan 22 launch for Pownce.

Walmart fires Atheist for not dressing as Santa [Digg]

Posted: 03 Jan 2008 04:51 PM CST

Athiest fired by Wal-Mart for refusing to dress up as Santa. Wal-Mart denies it, but he kept the exit-interview form where they listed that as the reason.

Boy, 11, Uses Toy Lightsaber to Defend Mom From Attacker [Digg]

Posted: 03 Jan 2008 03:26 PM CST

A young boy came to his mother’s assistance using a toy lightsaber after seeing a man punching his mother. See, movies aren’t so bad after all…

The Lost “Star Wars” Opening Scenes [Digg]

Posted: 03 Jan 2008 11:43 AM CST

Okay, so I’m as big a Star Wars fan as the next guy, but this really threw me. This YouTube video shows a “lost” beginning to the original Star Wars movie, and it’s terrible. Apparently these scenes were cut due to “time restrictions,” and boy am I glad. This is one of the best examples I’ve seen of how editing makes a movie better.